- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
Baja Fish Burritos
Fish burritos are an ideal take away for patrons wanting something different for lunches. Crumbed whiting fillets, an authentic Baja sauce and Pico de gallo combine beautifully in a flour tortilla to deliver a real flavour punch to this fast takeaway burrito. Scaling and making the Baja sauce and Pico de gallo prior to service will make our Baja fish burrito a 5 minute takeaway option. Ideal for Mexican and fish lovers, this dish will really add to your labour light, highly profitable takeaway line up.
Note: Pico de gallo, also called salsa fresca and salsa cruda, is a type of salsa commonly used in Mexican cuisine. It is traditionally made from chopped tomato, onion, and serrano peppers, with salt, lime juice, and coriander.
- Pacific West Crumbed Whiting
- 1 orange or red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/4 of a red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 10 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 avocado sliced
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup sour cream - Baja sauce
- 1 tsp cumin - Baja sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder - Baja sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce, we use sriracha sauce. - Baja sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt - Baja sauce
- Juice of half a lime - Baja sauce
- 4 grinds of pepper - Baja sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters - pico de Gallo
- 1 jalapeño seeded, and diced small - pico de Gallo
- 1 tbs red onion, diced small - pico de Gallo
- 1 tbs minced fresh cilantro - pico de Gallo
- juice of half a lime - pico de Gallo
- pinch of sea salt - pico de Gallo
For the Baja sauce
In a small glass bowl, add sour cream, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper and lime juice. Stir until mixed. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the burrito ingredients.
For the crumbed whiting fillets
Deep fry 180C 2-3 minutes. Dry on paper towels. Keep warm.
For the pico di Gallo
Cut the tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion and place in a small glass bowl. Add in the minced coriander, lime, and a pinch of salt. Toss with a spoon, and taste. Add more salt or coriander to taste. Slice the radishes, red cabbage and peppers, and place in bowls. Warm 5 tortillas keep them warm. Slice radishes, peppers and avocado. Place warmed tortilla on a plate, and add two fish fillets. Top the fillets with red cabbage, peppers, avocado, radishes, pico de Gallo, and baja sauce. Gently roll burrito up, and slice in half.
For the Baja fish burritos we use Pacific West’s crumbed whiting fillets.
Pacific West’s skinless whiting fillets have been hand coated in a panko crumb.
Product code: 1951 / Portions size 25 gm Ave / Portions per carton: Approx 40 / Carton size: 3 x 1kgAdd to Favourites