- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Labour Light Baja Style Fish Tacos
Save valuable labour time with these Baja style fish tacos. A great dine in or take away experience, crispy fried fish is wrapped in a warm corn tortilla and then garnished with shredded cabbage, fresh coriander and then drizzled with a creamy chipotle sauce. Great any time of the year, but these fish tacos really get a chance to shine in the warmer months. To save on labour time but still deliver on taste, crunch and presentation we use Pacific West's hand crumbed panko flathead fillets. These can be substituted for Pacific West's hand crumbed whiting fillets. A great menu addition for any venue that offers dine in or takeaway options.
- Pacific West Panko Crumbed Flathead
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise - Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt - Chipotle Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced - Chipotle Sauce
- 1 Small handful coriander finely chopped - Chipotle Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime - Chipotle Sauce
- Chipotles in adobo or chipotle hot sauce - Chipotle Sauce
- salt to taste - Chipotle Sauce
- corn tortillas warmed
- shredded red cabbage tossed with lime juice, salt & pepper
- coriander chopped
- lime wedges
For the chipotle sauce
In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, cilantro, lime juice. Then mix in the chipotles in adobo 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired spice level. Add salt to taste.
For the panko crumbed flathead fillets
Deep fry 180C 5-6 minutes
Line a warmed tortilla with 1 or 2 pieces of the fried fish, top with the shredded cabbage and the coriander. Drizzle with the chipotle sauce. Serve with a wedge of lime.
For our fish tacos we use Pacific West’s hand crumbed panko flathead fillets, these are wild caught flathead fillets that are skinless and deboned.
Product code: 1871 / Portions size 60 gm Ave / Portions per carton: Approx 50 / Carton size: 3 kgAdd to Favourites