- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a minutes
Meal Kit: Barramundi with Tartare Sauce and a Minted Pea & Potato Salad
Meal kits are an alternative option to takeaway. You do the prep and your customer finishes the meal with easy to read instructions.
Your printable CUSTOMER INSTRUCTIONS can be found after ingredients.
Our Minted Pea & Potato Salad and tartare sauce are great additions to our hand cut Barramundi fillets battered in a golden beer batter.
- Pacific West Barramundi battered fillets
- 750g baby potatoes - minted pea and potato salad
- 250g peas, fresh or frozen - minted pea and potato salad
- 8 shallots, thinly sliced - minted pea and potato salad
- 1 tbs vegetable oil - minted pea and potato salad
- 200g creme fraiche - minted pea and potato salad
- mint leaves shredded - minted pea and potato salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise - tartare sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle - tartare sauce
- 3 tbs chopped green onion - tartare sauce
- 1 tbs drained capers - tartare sauce
- 1 tbs chopped parsley - tartare sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice - tartare sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard - tartare sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon - tartare sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce - tartare sauce
- 1/4 tsp tobasco - tartare sauce
For the minted pea and potato salad
Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until almost cooked. Add the peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain into a colander and run cold water over them for a few minutes, then drain again.
While the potatoes are cooking, saute the shallots in the oil with ¼ teaspoon of salt over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramelised and slightly crisp. Tip into a bowl and stir in the creme fraiche.
Tip the potatoes and peas into a large bowl and add the shallots and the mint. Stir together and taste for seasoning. Transfer into a clean bowl.
For the tartare sauce
Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
Our meal kit of Barramundi, Minted Pea & Potato Salad and Tartare sauce has been fully prepped for you.
All you need to do is deep fry or oven cook the wild caught Barramundi fillets that have been coated in a golden beer batter.
- To Deep Fry – Using Canola, Vegetable or Sunflower Oil, fry in a deep pan or deep fryer at 180C for 5-6 minutes.
- To Oven Cook – Set your oven to 180C. Place your fillets on a wire rack and cook for 10-12 minutes. To test if your fish is cooked insert a fork into the thickest portion of the fish. Gently twist, if it flakes easily, without resistance, the fish is cooked.