- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Dusted Flounder w/ Radish Salad & Anchovy Dressing
We pair flounder that has been dusted in a savoury seasoning with a radish salad to produce a substantial meal that will broaden your seafood options. Suitable as a lunch or dinner meal, it is the anchovy dressing that really makes this salad shine. Scale and prepare the radishes and dressing prior to service and refrigerate. The dish can be completed and plated at this point in about 5 minutes. In this recipe we use Pacific West's dusted flounder. A great dish for busy pubs wanting to offer exciting menu options.
- Pacific West dusted flounder
- 200g radishes, ½ wedged, ½ sliced - salad
- 1 tbsp lilliput or baby capers - salad
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into pieces - salad
- 1 small head frisée, cut into bite-sized pieces - salad
- 1 white chicory, halved and root removed - salad
- 1 red chicory, halved and root removed - salad
- a handful rocket - salad
- 1 small clove garlic - dressing
- 30g (7-8 fillets) anchovy fillets, finely chopped - dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar - dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil - dressing
For the dusted flounder
Deep fry 180C 3-4 minutes.
For the radish salad with chicory and anchovy dressing
Put the radishes into a bowl of ice-cold water and soak for 15 minutes, then drain really well and pat dry. Use a pestle and mortar to pound the garlic to a purée, then tip into a bowl with the anchovies, red wine vinegar, olive oil and some seasoning, and whisk. Tip the radishes into a bowl with the capers and dressing, toss, then add the salad leaves and gently mix to coat. Tip into a large salad bowl and serve.
We serve our radish salad with chicory and anchovy dressing with Pacific West’s dusted flounder. With a savoury seasoning and a unique cut it presents and tastes quite different to other battered fish fillets. It has a mild taste with a slightly sweet undertone. Packed in individual 200g portions.Add to Favourites