- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prawn Cones with TWO Sauces
A great dish for parties or events these crispy prawn cones are complimented with two sauces that can be made to scale and also used for other seafood menu items. The Thai sweet chilli sauce is also ideal served with spring rolls, samosas or prawns. The traditional tartare sauce is an ideal accompaniment for a range of battered fish options. Pacific West have a range of coated finger food products that are restaurant quality and ideal for this years cocktail parties.
We use Pacific West's Prawn Cones. Crispy hand rolled prawn cones full of flavour. These chunky prawn pieces have been marinated in herbs and garlic in crispy spring roll pastry.
- Pacific West Prawn Cones
- 1tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped - sweet chilli sauce
- 25ml of water - sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red or green chilli - finely chopped - sweet chilli sauce
- 1 pinch of salt - sweet chilli sauce
- 90ml of white wine vinegar - sweet chilli sauce
- 175g of caster sugar - sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 garlic clove - finely chopped - sweet chilli sauce
- 1tsp of fish sauce - sweet chilli sauce
- 1 pinch of cornflour - sweet chilli sauce
- 300g full fat mayonnaise - tartare sauce
- 2 large, finely chopped gherkins - tartare sauce - tartare sauce
- A handful of finely chopped fresh dill - tartare sauce - tartare sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice - tartare sauce - tartare sauce
- Half of a finely diced red onion - tartare sauce - tartare sauce
- Sea salt/kosher salt, freshly-cracked black pepper - tartare sauce
For the prawn cones
Deep fry 180C 3-4 minutes
For the sweet chilli sauce.
Mix the water and cornflour together to dilute the cornflour. Place all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Once boiling, whisk in the water and cornflour solution and boil for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
For the tartare sauce
Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and serve straight away or store in the fridge until needed.
Product Code: 7106
Portion Size: 20gm Ave
Portions per Carton: Approx 40 portions
Carton Size: 6 X 800gmAdd to Favourites