- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
Salt & Pepper Squid with mixed salad and a white wine vinaigrette
Salt and Pepper Squid with a mixed salad is ideal as a canape or part of a degustation menu.
This dish will match well with any style of beer or white wine.
About Pacific West's Salt and Pepper Squid- a succulent and tender texture with a superb quality coating. Ideal for functions and events.
- Pacific West Salt & Pepper Squid
- lettuce leaves torn - mixed salad
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped - mixed salad
- 1/2 carrot Julienned - mixed salad
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded - mixed salad
- 1/3 red pepper thinly sliced - mixed salad
- 2 tbs white wine - white wine vinaigrette
- 2 tbs lemon juice - white wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp honey - white wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp mustard - white wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp salt - white wine vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper - white wine vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil - white wine vinaigrette
For the Salt and Pepper Squid
Deep fry at 180C for 3-4 minutes
For the salad
Mix the lettuce leaves, red onion, red pepper, carrot & cabbage.
For the white wine vinaigrette
Mix the wine, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running ( or whisking) gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Salt and Pepper Squid should be crispy but tender with a hum of pepper heat. Traditionally Salt and Pepper Squid comes from Cantonese cuisine, where heat was achieved using finely ground peppercorns complemented by fragrant herbs, crispy garlic and a hit of vinegar. We use Salt and Pepper Squid with a simple touch of seasonal salad elements and an amazing white wine vinaigrette. The end result is a dish ideal for a degustation menu or a canape that will be a winner at your next function or event. If you love your heat, spice things up with a little chillie!Add to Favourites