- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Beer Battered Snapper Fillets w/ a Spicy Malaysian Salad
This vibrant salad of vegetables, pineapple and herbs is dressed with a fiery sambal, shrimp paste and lime to bring everything together. Our spicy Malaysian salad is perfectly paired to premium lightly battered fish fillets. In this recipe we use Pacific West's beer battered snapper fillets. At a time where venues are looking for quality meals with minimal labour - this dish delivers in terms of presentation and taste. Suitable for pubs, clubs, hotels and bistros.
- Pacific West Beer Battered Snapper Fillets
- 1 cucumber
- 200g fresh pineapple, cut into 1cm chunks
- 150g red onions, finely sliced
- 80g mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 40g laksa leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 red chillies, finely chopped - dressing
- 3 makrut lime leaves, stems removed and leaves finely chopped - dressing
- 20g shrimp paste, dry-toasted in a pan - dressing
- 40ml lime juice, (about 2 limes) - dressing
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar - dressing
- ½ tsp tamarind paste - dressing
For the spicy Malaysian salad
Cut the cucumbers in half straight through the middle, and then in half again lengthways. Use a teaspoon to deseed them, then cut into 1cm chunks. Mix together the cucumber, pineapple, red onions and herbs. Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the prepared salad at least 15 minutes (but no longer than 30 minutes) before serving. Stir to combine. Season with a touch more salt to taste.
For the beer battered snapper fillets
Deep Fry from frozen at 180C for 5-6 minutes.
For our beer battered snapper fillets we use Pacific West’s premium wild caught snapper fillets in a traditional beer batter.
Product Code: 1930 / Portion Size: 160 g avg. / Carton Size: 3.2 kg / Portions per Carton: approx 20 portionsAdd to Favourites