- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-5 minutes
Tempura prawns with an onion relish and dill mayo - a great take away idea!
Premium Tempura Prawns are enhanced by a zingy dill mayonnaise. Serve with red onion relish and garnish with in-season lettuce.
Ideal as a Blackboard Special or main in any restaurant, pub or club.
- Pacific West Tempura Prawns
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise - mayonnaise
- 1tbs lemon juice - mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced - mayonnaise
- 1 tbs fresh chopped dill - mayonnaise
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber thinly sliced - onion relish
- 1 small red onion finely sliced - onion relish
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar - onion relish
- 1 cup sugar - onion relish
- 5 all spice berries - onion relish
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt - onion relish
- 2 tbs fresh picked dill sprigs - onion relish
- ice lettuce
For the mayonnaise mix all ingredients.
For the red onion relish
In a small pot over medium heat, combine white vinegar, sugar, allspice and salt. Stir well until the liquid is simmering and the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour pickling liquid over red onion and cucumbers and stir to ensure everything is evenly coated. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
For our Tempura Prawns with Zingy Dill Mayonnaise, we used Pacific West’s Tempura Prawns – premium peeled, tail on and straight prawns have been coated in a bubbly Japanese style coating.Add to Favourites