- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Salmon En Croute with a Winter White Salad
Now is the time to consider including winter style salads on your menus. Pacific West's Salmon En Croute goes nicely with a salad of cauliflower, fennel bulbs, daikon, endives and pears. The dressing can be made one day ahead which will dramatically reduce plating time. Ideal for pubs, hotels and bistros.
- Pacific West Salmon En Croute
- 350 gm mixed winter white vegetables (such as cauliflower, fennel bulbs, daikon radishes)
- 2 white endive, leaves separated
- 1 Asian pear or firm Bosc pear, halved lengthwise, cored, thinly sliced
- 3o gm Piave cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- Maldon sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Kosher salt
For our Autumn white salad
Trim stems of vegetables. Cut out core of cauliflower (if using). Thinly slice vegetables crosswise. Toss vegetables, endive, pear, and cheese in a large bowl. Add oil and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Season with sea salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss salad until well coated. Chill while you prepare the dressing. Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, and remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl, season with kosher salt. Arrange about one-quarter of salad on a large platter. Drizzle some dressing over, letting it fall into the nooks and crannies of the vegetables. Add another one-quarter of salad, drizzle with dressing in same manner. Repeat with remaining salad and dressing. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
For the salmon en croute
From frozen, pre - heat oven 180C fan forced, 200 convection. Bake for approx 20 minutes until pastry rises with a light golden crust.
We use Pacific West’s Salmon En Croute. Danish pastry stuffed with Atlantic salmon coated in a white wine sauce. Ideal for pubs and clubs wanting to serve labour light but delicious meals.
Code: 6680 / Portion size: 175 gm Avg. / Carton size: 3.5 kg / Portions per carton: Approx 20Add to Favourites